From 1900-1904, young Franklin Delano Roosevelt, with his Groton chum Lathrop Brown, rented rooms in Westmorly Court, (now B-17 of Adams House) the newest and most luxurious building on Harvard's Gold Coast. Equipped with all the latest innovations – central heat, electricity, a modern "hygienic" bathroom – the suite contained over 600 sq. feet of living space spread over 4 rooms, with 14' ceilings, French doors, and a working fireplace. These spacious quarters, which were originally decorated in high Victorian style by FDR and his mother Sara have been recently restored to their pristine Gilded Age condition. Roosevelt's rooms are slowly being filled with period furniture and antiques to return them to their 1900 appearance, both as the only existing memorial to the former President at Harvard, as well as a living museum of daily college life at the turn of the twentieth century.
Special Notice: Applications for the 2014 FDR Global Fellowship
are due February 28th, 2014 and can be found HERE